Length: 1 day
Cost: Local Authorities – £300 plus travel costs (max. 15 participants)
To support local auth0rity employees to explore the management of volunteers on a day-to-day basis.
This workshop will:
- Explore what motivates people to volunteer
- How support and recognition can be given to volunteers so their needs are met and they stay with your service.
- Supervision of volunteers to make sure the needs of your service are met
- Issues and conflicts – what causes them, how to solve them
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
- List possible volunteer motivations
- Explain why support and recognition is important
- List methods of giving support and recognition
- Assess different ways of supervising volunteers and be able to start thinking of how this might be appropriately be carried out in your own situation.
- Describe effective ways to give good feedback
People who might be in a direct supervisory role of volunteers.